Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2010

I went to Mars today...

Tomorrow is my birthday (woo!), and so my parents came up to Seattle for the day to play around. We decided to go to the Pacific Science Center and see the new Mars exhibit. First we watched a pretty sweet video about two rovers, that jetted of to Mars to take pictures of rocks. Afterward, we walked through the exhibit (spinning chairs, weightless walking, etc...). All and all, a pretty fun time.

The best part, however, was quite Earthly. The butterfly exhibit is housed in an 80 degree room that smells of fruit and flowers. Immediately upon entrance, you spot hundreds of butterflies, big ones and small, fluttering around the room. A sight to behold. Their beauty is remarkable, and makes me think about how fabulous the little things can be. Each wing has more natural patterns on it than most humans can dream of. Their fragile, but striking form begs the mind to calm and take it all in. They are amazing little creatures, and quite inspirational.

Leaving the exhibit (after 6 different butterflies landed on me!) I have decided to try to immortalize what I saw today in my next painting. I only wish I could have taken one home. So pretty.

Almost another year older - bring it.

c.

No comments:

Post a Comment